We are the first licensed virtual insurer (虛擬保險公司) in Hong Kong. We believe that insurance is fundamentally good, and we are here to bring the good back through our passionate, innovative, and customer-obsessed team. We are also proud to bring a deep domain expertise and our own proprietary modern technology into Hong Kong. As we grow, we're looking for highly dynamic, hands-on and passionate talent to join our team.
Send you CV, salary expectation and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter is not required, but a well-written one is always appreciated.
You will apply your professional knowledge and expertise to take charge of all underwriting and related strategic planning activities of Bowtie's business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Bring an empathetic approach to all things underwriting: your job is to help our customers and their families get insured
- Take charge of Bowtie’s medical underwriting by analyzing applications relative to Bowtie’s risk appetite and underwriting approach
- Regularly review policies digitally issued by Bowtie’s automated underwriting engine for effectiveness and pushing underwriting science and technology boundaries
- Work with our underwriting team to help cover gaps in our engine and more complex medical underwriting cases - with a view for enhancing the overall efficiency of our processes and the end customer experience
- Cover a holistic view of new policy applications, including the financial underwriting and the completeness and accuracy of the entire application, to ensure our customers are protected
- Be responsible for policy administration as it relates to new policy applications, liaise with our customer support team to contact customers / partners, and provide operations support.
- Maintain accurate records and thorough documentation
- Analyze underwriting data and help correlate it with Bowtie’s customer data, to look for business opportunities and process improvements
- Identify areas for policy clarification and stay updated on regulatory requirements as well as Bowtie’s operational standards.
- Create documentation of workflows, SOPs and policies.
- Work as a team within Bowtie and collaborate with other t stakeholders as a representative of our insurance operations.
You will be in the front-line and a key driver in the continual development of Bowtie’s award-winning proprietary health underwriting engine, which is the first in Hong Kong and across Asia, and is one of the key sources of competitive advantage of Bowtie.
On top of that, as part of a newly established and energetic insurance company, you will have the opportunity to lead / participate in many special projects, and get exposure to other areas of insurance operations.
- 3-5 years' policy administration and underwriting experience in life / health insurance
- Sensible judgement with a reliable and responsible character
- Knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions with the loss exposures are highly advantageous
- Professional underwriting qualifications or certifications (such as ACII/ANZIIF, FALU, FLMI, or equivalent) are advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree holder of relevance such as, but not limited to, biology and health related sciences, public health, insurance and risk management, and other technical subjects
- Good command of both written and spoken Chinese and English
- Background knowledge in python programming, SQL, data analysis such as pandas, data visualisation such as matplotlib are massively advantageous
Candidates with less experience can be considered for other positions - reach out and talk to us!