What is VHIS?
Latest Sales and Claims Data of VHIS
Since the launch of the Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS), the latest verified data shows that –
- the number of policies for approved VHIS products has reached 1,045,000 in just 3 years time (as of 31 March 2022);
- of which more than half of the insured (53%) are under 40 years old, and about 33% are under 30 years old.
Speaking of claims, the question that policyholders attach most attention to is:
The latest claims data below can ensure you that VHIS can provide sufficient protection for insured persons:
- In 2021, claims cases are recorded with 93% success rate
- Full-covered cases accounted for about 39%
- Cases with a claim ratio of 90% or more accounted for about 65%
- Cases with a claim ratio of 80% or more accounted for about 78%
- In general, the average claim ratio for 2021 reaches about 89%